BioPontis Alliance is a uniquely practical and essential solution to the bottleneck of the Feasibility Gap. Our Alliance Model presents several distinct advantages for investment in early stage biomedical development:
- A formal alliance structure between stakeholders (University Alliance Partners, BioPontis Alliance Investors and BioPontis Principals) ensures unobstructed flow of scientific assets from disclosure to exit. We have departed from the historical sequential supplier-customer model in favor of an integrated partnership which assures facile and collaborative development of any given scientific asset. All partners benefit from expanded returns on the entirety of an improved asset. As the value ‘pie’ grows, all slices grow pro rata.
- Minimized timeline used to achieve proof of principle, thereby ‘banking’ time on the patent clock. BioPontis can achieve this because 1) we do not need to champion any entering scientific asset for long range investment and are thus free to challenge every asset with stress or failure testing until validation is achieved, removing weaker assets early and redeploying capital against stronger ones, and 2) we have the clinical, regulatory and development experience to execute critical path tests and studies that assure the creation of the data set and the IP portfolio that is needed by the end-customers of BioPontis Alliance assets.
- Maximized capital productivity and technical success – across diverse technology areas - by utilizing an open architecture platform for technical/scientific development. Each scientific asset has its particular expertise requirements that we address with the appropriate competencies from our qualified expert network. BioPontis Alliance thus limits fixed costs of brick and mortar facilities/resources and applies more funds directly to asset development by utilizing external expertise on an as needed basis.
- Enable access to early stage, innovative scientific assets for biopharmaceutical and biomarker producers with better capital efficiency by gaining control earlier than conventional process. Rather than acquiring late stage drug products that have been matured through the biotechnology company model (conventional one), with the BioPontis model these same pharmaceutical companies can effectively access the same exciting products significantly earlier because BioPontis provides the vetting and validation that is required for industry development without the corporate overhead of the ‘single technology’ biotechnology company. Also, while pharmaceutical companies do sometimes access exciting science directly through licensing from universities and sponsored research, our own experience is that this would be more productive with an intermediary structure like BioPontis’ where improvements and validation can be implemented with industry practices.
- Flexible options for follow on development/investment: Assets may graduate from BioPontis Alliance via licensing to corporate partner, sell to an independent acquirer or financial investment syndication and company formation - as appropriate. Having flexible value creation objectives means that BioPontis Alliance can select from a broad range of discovery assets that may produce basis for new companies or simply new products in existing companies.