News and Events
Biopontis Alliance presenting at Kansas Economic Policy Conference
Biopontis Alliance presented at the Partnerships in Drug Delivery Conference
Celgene Joins BioPontis Alliance as Strategic Partner
A new business model formed to address the challenge of how to both finance and execute on the effective translation of academic biomedical discoveries into viable therapeutic candidates suitable for the biopharmaceutical industry pipelines of tomorrow.
BioPontis Alliance is a unique firm combining early-stage capital investment with early-stage drug development. BioPontis Alliance is founded on five essential principles.
- Create a formal alliance structure that brings together (1) university inventors and their institutional interests with an (2) experienced translational development capability and (3) investors to facilitate asset flow and commercialization.
- Apply industry science practices to the selection of discovery science to be invested in and to translate them into candidate products.
- Maximize capital productivity and technical success by using highest level of expertise, accessed from any available source, without limitation of geography or institution; a 'biocloud' of networked experts.
- Develop new product candidates in a portfolio of projects, rather than independent New Companies in order to focus capital on science rather than company formation.
- Develop all assets in alignment with the ultimate licensor of pharmaceutical products – pharmaceutical companies – in order to meet market demand